A noble statement that stands in stark contrast to the capitalist society we've become.

Tom C.

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered."

From: "Norman Baugher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: Joe Rosenthal dies (aged 94)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:02:28 -0400

>From the BBC:
[He is reported to have made less than $10,000 (£5,300) from what is widely
considered to be one of the most famous photographs of the war.
"And I was gratified to get that," the San Francisco Chronicle quotes him as
saying in a 1995 interview.

"Every once in a while someone teases me that I could have been rich. But
I'm alive. A lot of the men who were there are not. And a lot of them were
badly wounded. I was not. And so I don't have the feeling someone owes me
for this." ]

Norm