On Aug 22, 2006, at 10:25 PM, Jack Davis wrote:

> Would you expect the present status of Zeiss' photo division to change
> significantly under Schleuning's leadership?

Change?  It's a brand new division.  He will be starting it from
scratch and running it.  Can he make inroads in the USA market?

That depends on how much autonomy they grant him.  He's a smart guy
and very plugged in to the US photo industry, so if they let him have
the freedom to do things his way and a reasonable budget I would
expect that he can make Zeiss much more visible.

> Will parts inventory management be his primary responsibility?

No.  He will be Sales Manager for camera lenses (both still and
motion picture) and the Zeiss Ikon camera line.

Bob