I tend to think you might be pleased with the 16-45 as well in a
longer term test. In use evaluation is invaluable but not always
accurate. Too many variables. I know my 16-45 is very good. Not as
good as the 12-24 at 16mm, but I wouldn't expect it to be. On the
other hand, it's excellent at 24mm or so.
Paul