On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 19:31:04 +0200, Powell Hargrave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> Someone managed to drop a camera with my F70-210/4-5.6 attached. Camera
>> and lens appear to be fine, except that the zoom is stuck at 70mm.
>> Although the optimist in me says that I did not lose a zoom but gained a
>> prime, I'd still like to try my hand at repairing it.
>
> This may help.
> http://members.shaw.ca/hargravep/70-210.htm
> NOTE: REMOVE THE INFORMATION BRUSH before disassembly!

Ah, it thats yours? It's one of my bookmarks :o) It helped tremendouly
when I recently disassembled a FA28-70/4, so thanks for maintaining it!
Now that we're at it: is there any way to remove the focussing ring on an
F lens? There seem to be slots for a screwdriver, but I'm hesitant to use
force... The FA had a different construction here.

>> The mount screws are firmly in place, so I guess I need a JIS
>> screwdriver.
>> Www.micro-tools.com has these as what appears to be a blade only.
>
> I have this JIS Type S Driver Set and recommend it.
> https://www.micro-tools.com/store/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=58-0318

Thanks. Micro-tools and micro-tools europe seem to have a different
catalogue. The US site does ship to Germany (where the european part is
located), but not to the Netherlands. Strange...

--
Regards, Lucas