On Aug 25, 2006, at 11:40 AM, Pancho Hasselbach wrote:

> A wideangle hood for 67mm filter thread might be quite bulky, and, as
> you say, of little use on the long end, but I think the original
> hood is
> a little better due to the tulip form. ...

I wasn't thinking of a wideangle hood. A lens hood for a normal lens
on a 35mm camera, which is what the standard hoods from Kalt are made
for, will work fine for a 24mm lens on the DS. I use Kalt standard
lens hoods for everything down to the FA20-35 with no vignetting.
Same for the 28-105 ... it worked at least as well as the standard
Pentax hood (designed for 35mm format again). For best results at the
long end, a bit of a snoot would do well to extend it.

http://homepage.mac.com/godders/lenshood-lineup-1845.jpg

Tulip shaped hoods are a compromise too. ;-)

Godfrey