On Aug 28, 2006, at 12:07 AM, Bob Shell wrote:

> Last time I was in London I took a cab to a central destination.  The
> cabbie pulled over to the curb, I paid him, and when I opened the
> door to get out a bike courier slammed right into it and went head
> over heels through the air over the door.

I'm glad I read the rest of the thread before flaming you ;)

Car doors are my biggest fear in cycling.  A couple of years ago I
was almost collected by a 4WD door which could have been quite nasty
as its height meant I'd go face-first into it (probably not as bad as
what it'd do to a recumbent rider).

- Dave