On Aug 28, 2006, at 9:17 PM, Digital Image Studio wrote:

> My prediction is that anything beyond 10MP in APS format will yield
> very diminishing returns, noise and dynamics will become more of a
> problem to control (that's simply tied with the physics of
> semiconductors) and lens performance will become more of an issue. APS
> formats will now stagnate IMHO.

But that assumes no further progress in sensor design and capability.
I'm not an engineer, so my opinions aren't worth much, but it seems
that almost all techologies evolve. Based on lens production, it
seems makers like Pentax are betting that they can continue to use
APS sensors. Time will tell.
Paul