[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>Check the 'ordered m K10 today'. Rob is dropping heavy hints (about
>>weather sealing, mainly), and someone called 'gerasimov' from Bulgaria
>>posted a credible list of features containing a 22 bit A/D coverter. That
>>could be Aaron's 67-ditching feature...
>>

> Hmmm. This has been discussed to great length before, but unless they
> have done something radical in other stages, the sensor itself doesn't
> have a dynamic range anywhere near the one associated with a 22-bit A/D
> converter, so why would they do that?
>
> - Toralf

There should be enough for at least 5 more bits for a total of 17.  I.e.
the original 12 plus each ISO setting.  They could theoretically have 5
analog amps and 5 A/D convertors and a post conversion combiner for an
effective total of 17.  22 however, would require another 5 bits on top
of the 17, which is a whopping 32 times more detail.