From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Adam
Maas
Sent: 31. august 2006 19:38
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: K10D - "facts" and "speculations"

Tim Øsleby wrote:
> The entry level bodies from Nikon and Canon are USM enabled aren't they?
So
> I have trouble understanding this, "K100D and K110D are entry level so we
> can't expect them to be USM enabled", logic. It does not make sense to me.

> Most likely this generation Pentax entry level are not USM enabled, but I
do
> expect next generation of Pentax to have the needed features. (Presuming
> that USM is the strategy Pentax are choosing to make AF performance
better).

> Tim
> Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)

All Canon EF mount bodies except the extremely rare EF-M MF body support
USM, as they all use in-lens AF motors and USM motors are just a couple
of variants of that (Canon has at least 3 different types of USM
implementations).

All Nikon digitals support AF-S/AF-I lenses (Nikon's USM[AF-S] and
in-lens motor[AF-I] names). For the film bodies, it's more complicated,
but none of the base model AF bodies (F55/50, F401's) support it.

-Adam