Paul,

> Enjoyed the Costa Rica pics. Looks like a
> nice vacation spot. Expensive?

Usually, yes (at least I think so). But we got both airline tickets
(usually $800 each) through a combination of frequent flyer miles and
airline vouchers. And the resort was thru the parents' time share
exchange, which kept the cost down... but we still had to pay the
all-inclusive fee ($75 pp, per day).

> Some truly excellent shots in the Shenandoah gallery.
> Looks like that iS is working for you.

Absolutely (about the IS). I was telling someone else that those are the
best handheld macro shots I've ever taken (and thats saying a lot since my
macro lens is the oldest of my lens collection). I absolutely stink at
handholding, and so I gave up on macro bug shots years ago... but this
will open up a whole new realm for me, so I'm excited.

> What was the longest lens used here?

IIRC, all of the posted deer shots were taken with the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8
handheld. All the bug shots are with the Sigma 100mm macro. Pretty much
everything else is the DA 12-24mm. HTH,

            - Jerome