From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 9. september 2006 20:49
To: pdml@pdml.net
Subject: PESO - Redwood Fog

Back from trip to Redwoods. Had a great time, Redwoods were fantastic.

Also found the Victorian house in Eureka my mother grew up in, the house in
Eureka my grandfather built in the 1930's (he built four, but the other
three
appear to be gone), and the house in Arcata my great grandmother lived in
(built in 1880, now a store). They preserve older houses in that area, and
they
often get listed as historical sites. So the last two were, the first may be
too,
just don't know.

Camped one night in redwoods. After my dome tent collapsed for the second
time as I was futilely trying to put it up (remember I've never camped alone

before as a woman, or as a man either :-)), a Wisconsin couple traveling in
an RV
voluntarily came to my rescue. Evidentially that had been watching me with
some amusement from across the campground. Boom, bang, they had my tent up
in two
minutes. I had wisely stayed in a motels the previous nights.

I rely on the kindness of strangers. :-) Not really, but kind strangers sure

come in handy.

Hard to get the color on these right. Redwoods can look gray, dark, dark
red,
and lighter red, depending on the light and shadow.

Taken up north at the Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park.

http://members.aol.com/eactivist/PAWS/pages/fog.htm

Comments welcome.

Marnie aka Doe aka the hapless camper