I am considering unloading some of my Pentax film cameras and redundant lenses.
Last month got a D200 at work and already own or have access to medium format
SLR and TLR plus several large format systems so unlikely need four Pentax 35mm
bodies for black and white or occasional slide shooting.

I am going to sell my very first camera (unless you count an Instamatic 104
which I hardly used) a Spotmatic F which we bought new in 74. We also own two
SF1n and one MZ5n. When looking at some retail second hand prices I noticed
that there was only about $20 difference between the SF1n and the MZ5n. As the
latter is at least one generation newer and has faster AF does the small price
difference relflect that these stores have a minimum price and the MX5n is just
above it? Am I missing something on the differences between the two cameras? Am
not intending on selling the MZ5n, at least not yet so just curious. I am aware
that I should not expect to receive the same price that a retailer would get .

I had thought about getting the K10D but as I do have access to the D200 and
better lenses than I can afford for the Pentax, I will skip getting it at least
for now. Might think about getting a used DS or DS2 next spring as by that time
I should have sold enough photo gear and non-photo stuff to pay for it without
any out of pocket expenses. Especially since I have talked myself out of a
large format lens that used would have cost about the same as the upcoming
K10D. If/when we get a DSLR Pentax will probably sell one of the two remaining
film bodies and keep only the one, most likely the MZ5n. Only reason I know of
keeping the SF1n instead is wife has never used the Mz5n and has used the other
for 15+ years.

I hope that those who do buy the K10D get everything they want but for now a
“free” D200 is a better bargain. Certainly like the D200 better than the D1X it
replaces.