OK so the list isn't exactly short of these but here are my impressions
after receiving a MZ-S from my wife for my birthday whilst on holiday last
week (yes she's wonderful, only thing that puzzles me is how did she know?
:)):

1. The general feel and finish are superb. The grip is somewhat larger than
my wife's newly acquired used MZ5n :), and makes the camera feel very
secure. A wrist strap would be a really handy (!) accessory.

2. The shift from aperture priority to manual is just fabulous. I cannot
imagine a better implementation of this. You instantly move to the correct
metered shutter speed, and shift from there. This is a vast improvement over
the ME super (I always wondered why this wasn't implemented on the ME
super), which memorises the last used manual speed, and over the MZ5n, where
you have to cycle through all the shutter speeds between "A" and your chosen
setting.

3. Focusing is amazing. With AF lens it uncannily chooses the best sensor
and locks on in the blink of an eye. With MF lens obtaining focus
confirmation is far easier than with MZ5n.

4. Just like the dash of a car, you can check the camera is set up the way
you want it just by glancing at the top plate, as the levers and dials are
angled and colour-coded.

5. Great attention to detail has been expended on the design. When the
camera hangs from the strap, the angle is "just right". Every other aspect
of it appears to have been designed very deliberately.

6. I thought the MX's preview lever was an ergonomic masterpiece. I had not
tried the MZ-S's - it is so good that you have no excuse for not using it!

7. The only thing I am still confused about is the hold switch. Accidentally
moving the main dial would be very unlikely IMO, so why put a locking switch
on it? Anyone out there actually used it?

8. I have never been 100% happy with Pentax's locking dials, on the ME super
it's a pain to have to press the tiny white button to move the camera off
"auto", and on the MZ5n I would love to disable those little buttons in the
centre of the dials. The MZ-S's lock on the left hand dial is also a bit of
a pain (but I can live with it!)

To summarise and to quote Practical Photography: It's good, bloody good, and
I like it!

Jim Brooks

E-MAILS are susceptible to interference.  You should not assume that
the contents originated from the sender or the Zetex Group or that they
have been accurately reproduced from their original form.
Zetex accepts no responsibility for information, errors or omissions in
this e-mail nor for its use or misuse nor for any act committed or
omitted in connection with this communication.
If in doubt, please verify the authenticity with the sender.

Visit our new look website at  http://www.zetex.com   Bigger and better with improved
functionality