I also tried Kodak Photo-CD for some time, however, found that ...
1. I really don't need to have all the pictures scanned.
There out of 36, I would scan maximum 4/5.  Not more than that.
2. Many-a-times, I don't want the whole frame to be scanned - just a part of
it - like enlargement.
For these two reasons, I decided not to have Kodak CD but to have my own
digital darkroom.
Plus, it gives me additional satisfaction of doing my own work to my own
satisfaction.