I had one of the FA28s on loan from the local dealer for a day. I did
not notice any light falloff of note with it. It remains a very
compelling lens for me.

Please remember that I only work with Pentax DSLRs, not film SLRs. It
might have more falloff on a 24x36mm format, but that is not
interesting to me. Many of the comments I read about the A/F/FA
lenses are solely with respect to the film SLR format, and need to be
revised for the DSLRs.

Godfrey