I kind of think they had to change the batteries, I've gotten a lot of
variability from the ones I've been using in the D and the DS.  It may
be unfair but it reflects badly on the cameras.  I'll bet its been one
of the major complaints they've gotten.  I do wish that it were possible
to use AAs though, maybe in the grip, but that's water under the bridge
now.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Amen to that.  The Pentax designers could care less about accomodating
>owners of the *ist D, like myself,  who have several CF cards.  Lack of CF
>card slot, and the change to non-AA battery power is the big turn-off for
>me on the "top-of-the line" K10.
>
>Jim A.
>

>>It's about half the size of a SD card. But that doesn't matter as far
>>as the point people were making about the Pentax is concerned. If a
>>camera as small as this Olympus can take a CF card and a XD card, then
>>a slightly larger camera like the Pentax should in principle be able
>>to take a CF and SD card.
>>
>>My E500 also takes XD and CF. not that I have any CF cards.
>>
>>--
>>Cheers,
>> Bob

Things should be made as simple as possible -- but no simpler.

                        --Albert Einstein