"if Pentax can meet the demand", "if" being the operative word here.

Pentax has created quite a stir with the K10D among people who wouldn't
normally give the brand a second glance. If all the hype over at dpreview
is to be believed, we may see quite a few migrations from Canon, Nikon & Sony.

I wrung my hands for a year before I bit the bullet and got my D. And after
getting it, regretted not doing so sooner. But I still remember how hard it
was to find one locally when it was first released. I would like a K10D
when it's released, and will be pi55ed if I have to wait another month (the
usual time frame here) for new stock to arrive.

Unless Pentax can meet the initial demand (I hope they can) that they seem
to have created (due to it's impressive price & feature set), some of those
potential new Pentax users may lose interest in the K10D and get what is
readily available. Us dedicated Pentax users will just have to suck it up
and wait :-)

Cheers,

Dave