On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

> Talk like what, Rob?  Do you mean the more ready acceptance of slower
> lenses?  I think we've seen that "dumbing down" with the prevalence of
> slower, variable aperture zooms.

Yes Shel, but there is a way out of slow, variable aperture zooms, and
that's fast primes. What is the way out of slow primes?

WRT your original query, as a film user I am pleased the very high
quality and accordingly costly lens that the 77Ltd is, is also at the
"wrong" focal length. I have never been tempted. Had it been a 111/2
or sth though...

Kostas