On 17/09/06, Paul Stenquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You may not like it. You're entitled to your preferences, as is Rob.
> But it's neither ridiculous or cumbersome. In fact, it's considerably
> less cumbersome than an aperture ring. And that's from someone who
> used aperture rings for forty years.

If I were one handed I'd agree. I can appreciate how it may be an
advantage as you seem to be pretty keen on zoom lenses, that means
that all your left hand needs to do is adjust the FL assuming you use
AF. It's the same as the green button kludge for older lenses, it
works but no one can really argue that it's as practical or convenient
as a coupled lens.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA