On Sep 17, 2006, at 5:57 PM, Adam Maas wrote:

>>> I do not know but I thought it was rather a novelty.
>> I thought so too, but I know several people who've bought one and
>> they seem to like it a lot.
>
> Considering the price these days, I'm seriously thinking about it.
> Just
> because it's limited glass at about 3/4 the cost of a FA 35/2. At that
> price I can afford to try it out and see if it works for me.

Hmm. Last I recalled the FA35/2 AL was $299 and the DA40/2.8 Ltd was
$275 or so. I guess the rebate means $50 off the DA price.

I still prefer the shorter focal length and the easier-to-grip lens,
as well as the additional stop in speed. The DA40 is too thin for my
hands! The DA21 and DA70 are more to my liking.

Godfrey