Not in the least, Joe.  I suspect it happens more than we know, but, who's
to say they've not been continually working on changes for months?  I'm
sure the cameras will be released with a good working version of the
firmware, which is readily and easily upgraded should the need arise.
Pentax seems to be pretty good about keeping the firmware current and
making necessary or desirous updates.

Shel