Since it does not seem to be generally realized quantum foam is the
current version of the unified field theory (any one remember ether?). I
recently read a SF where the starship was powered by tapping the charge
gradient of the quantum foam. Hence the battery comment. No, I do not
think the author had any better idea what that means than I do.

Anyone who actually knows me would not mention Bud and my name in the
same sentence without including the verb hates. Bud and Coors are the
two brews I will not even drink when they are free.

--
graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com