In a message dated 9/20/2006 10:05:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
BTW: I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the buyer is just being a
prick to try to negotiate a price reduction (partial refund). There are
a lot of sleazy buyers who try to use the fear of negative feedback this
way. I once sold something (I forget exactly what now) that I *knew* was
in mint condition and had the buyer complain about the condition. I
offered a full refund or nothing and never heard another peep out of
him. I think some people routinely complain to try to get prices reduced
after the fact.

The only negative eBay feedback I've ever had was, ironically, from
someone who ripped *me* off and didn't like the feedback I left about him.
Yes, I had buyer complain once that a china cup and saucer I sent her were
chipped (Mom had a bunch around to sell). I said it didn't have a chip when I
sent it, it must have gotten chipped in the mailing, please send it back and I
would refund her money. She didn't want that, she wanted a price reduction. So
I asked her to send me a picture by mail or email then I would reduce the
price once I saw the chip. Or just send it back for a full refund.

I heard nothing more. :-)

Marnie aka Doe