Paul Stenquist wrote:
> But at 1000 ppi or even 2000, it's far too small to make a good 11 x
> 14 or 11 x 17. For a good sized print, you wold need the 4000 ppi. At
> 2000, I would guess you could make a barely adequate 8 x 10 or 8 x12.

That's true, of course.  But it depends on (a) why you're scanning them
and (b) how much pain you're willing to endure. :-)  If all I'm trying
to do is preserve a moment in time or something, then I'm not very
worried about eventually making an 11 x 14 or larger.  And if I /am/
worried about it, I'm willing to endure more pain.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)