I do mean used, but they are typically overbuilt in a Nikon way and you
can still get them serviced (Except for the 24/25, but they're as common
as dirt). I've not run into a 3rd party flash other than Metz which is
built well enough to justify buying new over a used Nikon for off-camera
work.

-Adam