Hi all

Possibly a silly question - and maybe this has been discussed before and I
missed it.

I thought I'd look at the advantages of converting RAW files to DNG for
storage.  The RAW file used for testing has a size of 10,584,081 bytes

Converting using Pentax Photo Browser 3 produced a DNG file of 12,409,088 bytes.

Hmmm.... I thought.

So I fired up Adobe's DNG converter and produced a DNG file of 5,670,300 bytes
from the same RAW file.

So, what's in the Pentax converted file that makes it almost double the size of
the Adobe version?

I also noticed that Pentax Photo Lab 3 won't load DNG files, which seems odd.
Perhaps that will come in the version of Photo Lab released with the K10D.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia