At 10:56 PM +0100 8/31/01, Bob Walkden wrote:
>Hi,
>
>>  I invite discussion on this subject.
>
>I think there are a number of people who participate in the pdml who
>may have a Pentax body, but most or all of their lenses may be
>non-Pentax. When I was younger and poorer I had just the MX and the
>M 50/1.7 that came with it, but several non-Pentax lenses because
>they were cheap. I don't think I was any less a 'Pentax person' for
>that.
>
>My view, for what it's worth as an infrequent PUG contributor, is
>therefore that the PUG should be for Pentax body OR Pentax/Takumar lens
>only.

I agree. I moved over to Pentax from Miranda back in 1984 when I
purchased an ME Super with a 50mm 1.7. Since I could not afford real
Pentax lenses for many years, I made do with Tamron and Vivitar. It
has only been in the past two years that I have had the financial
freedom to start building a collection of Pentax lenses.

That said, I have taken some half-decent photos over the years with
my Pentax bodies and non-Pentax lenses which - if I can ever get my
scanner to work again - I would like to share with you in the PUG.
Please don't exclude me!

As a further question, how far is this rule to be taken? My Pentax
branded 28-200 zoom is actually made by Tamron, I am told. So, are
photos taken with that lens also not allowed?
--
Steve
[EMAIL PROTECTED]