There is a great deal of "Buddhist philosophy", but "Buddhism" is indeed
a religion. People who claim otherwise typically have some general
aversion to "religion" but find themselves agreeing with, or least being
not so bothered by, Buddhism. They still want to be angry with
"religion" so to reconcile the conflict they proclaim Buddhism not to be
one.

It is.

Cheers,
paul