Russell Kerstetter wrote:
> On 9/25/06, Adam Maas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Russell Kerstetter wrote:
>> Extreme is when you start looking at rifle-cartridge pistols or things
>> like the S&W .500 revolver.
>
> I do not mean to imply that .40 is extreme, but this is the same guy
> that gets angry every time he sees a National Geographic because he is
> under the impression that NGS gives lot 'o' money towards gun control.
>  I do not know if he is correct or not, but I do not care enough to
> cancel my free subscription (it was a gift).
>
> A 1911 is a *very* nice gun.  .45's have a bad rep for recoil, ect,
> and I am not sure why.  A couple guys at my work have 1911's that are
> set up very nice, but don't ask me about the mods, because I do not
> know :), I just thought it was a very pleasant gun to shoot.  I don't
> own one because they are expensive to buy, expensive to shoot, and I
> don't compete and I don't feel I need to protect myself from the thugs
> of suburban Denver.
>
> Oh, and I didn't like his .40 either.  It's a Glock 27 or something
> like that, and it felt like a cheap plastic toy, IMHO.
>
> Russell

Some of the lightweight 45's are a stone cold bitch, the Warthog comes
to mind (of course, even that's nicer than an S&W .40) and the 1911's a
big hunk of metal. 9mm is much gentler, allowing much lighter pistols
without the poor recoil handling you'd get with amore powerful
cartridge. I don't like glock's, but they're certainly accurate.

I've not done a serious amount of shooting, although I do enjoy the
sport and when I get the chance I intend to acquire a couple of nice
target rifles.

-Adam