Sometimes i think so to Paul.

The D200 and the D2h both have a nice big clear cover, but its sides
are open and dust gets in there in a hurry. I can still see the screen
and the cover takes the nose greese, but i have to remove and clean a
lot, if not it will get hard to see.

The D1 has a cover like the flash deflectors, translucent is quess is
the term. I have to remove it to view any shot or you cannot see
anything.

My new to me D1H (which i just love) came with no cover and i do to
that as i do the istD, a qucik breath and micro cloth cleaning.

Dave

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> I think with protective coverings, the cure is worse than the
> ailment. I just clean mine with a microfiber cloth and lens cleaning
>  spray. Looks good as new.
> Paul
> From: "Scott Loveless" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Christie and I are both noticing that we're smudging the screen on the
>> K100D with our faces.  Are any of you using something to protect the
>> LCD?
>>
>> --
>> Scott Loveless
>> http://www.twosixteen.com