Ann,

I feel for you, however, I think it's time for you to move into the 21st
Century.  It may be time to finally upgrade your system to WIN XP, upgrade
the computer or maybe buy a new one.  I know it's tough for you financially
- it was tough for me when I did it a couple of years ago, but it sure made
my life more pleasant and allowed me to work on the things I needed for
business and for enjoyment.  Prices of machines have come down a lot, and
maybe you can find a good used machine for just a few hundred dollars,
maybe even less.

Maybe some of the technically inclined on the list can help cobble together
something for you, but IAC, and however you do it, it may very well be time
to leave 98SE behind.

And just a suggestion based on your DSLR debacle - don't make a move or buy
anything from a local shop in NYC until you've talked with your friends
here, and have thrashed out all the possibilities.

Just my 2-cents, and worth almost every penny I suppose.

Shel

(non-dime because my cell phone is  really cheap and good)