Considering the degree of intolerance to Pentax users that hold views that
are considered somehow heretical, I thought I'd ask.

I also generally thought the answer would be obvious.  I use Pentax gear
because it's what I have, or I use Pentax gear because I can't afford to
switch to something else, or I use Pentax gear because my grandmother gave
it to me as a gift. :-)

Tom C.