As another Nikon guy, I suspect you'll be happy. I'm quite fond of my
K100D (And am drooling over the 21). I definitely prefer the Pentax
DSLR's to the equivalent Nikon models, while I got great results with
the D50, it was never the joy to use that the *istD and K100D are (even
if I did trip over the *istD's buffer on occasion).

-Adam