Note the last VC of WW2 was won by a Corsair IV pilot in the Pacific,
Robert Gray, a Canadian from 1842 squadron. One of his squadron mates
would be the last Canadian casualty of WW2 later that same day. The
Corsair is probably the most famous Allied fighter from the Pacific
theater, and it would serve through the Korean War as a strike fighter,
and through the early 60's in French carrier service.

The Hellcat was the most successful allied fighter aircraft, with
approximately 6000 kills, mostly in the Pacific theatre, although it did
serve with distinction in the Atlantic theater and in Europe (FAA
Hellcats were involved in the strike against the Tirpitz for example).

-Adam