On Sun, 02 Sep 2001 21:50:48 +0930, Nicole Vincent wrote:

>http://vygotski.philosophy.adelaide.edu.au/~nicolev/photo/Charlie%20looking%20straight%20ahead.JPG
>
>http://vygotski.philosophy.adelaide.edu.au/~nicolev/photo/Charlie%20looking%20to%20the%20side.JPG

> In particular, which of the two cat shots do you prefer?

Definitely the first one (head down on paws).  It's more "catlike" for
some reason.

Maybe I feel that way because it's the harder shot to get.  I've got
four cats, and I've been taking pictures of them for years.  The "nap
interrupted, head up and looking around" pose is just about the easiest
to get with a cat, since they're always desperately afraid they'll miss
something.  Getting the "face on" shot with their head down is much
harder unless you use a longer lens than 50mm.

> http://vygotski.philosophy.adelaide.edu.au/~nicolev/photo/Gateway%202000%20Cow.JPG

I'm not sure why, but I found this photo hilarious.  I guess it's the
"attitude" of the cow ... it looks like the cow is saying "why the heck
are you taking pictures of by butt, you silly girl? and if you don't
mind, stop it!" ... I don't know ... the whole structure of the cow's
stance just seems funny for some reason.  Probably just my weirdness.
:-)

TTYL, DougF