I don't know what the issue is other than prudishness.

To bugger someone means to have anal intercourse with them. Seems to
be this parlance that is more British English than American English,
though. To call something a "nasty little bugger" is often used in
American English to mean something small, insect like, an annoyance,
or "cute little bugger" is a form of curmudgeonly endearment.

I was curious so I looked up the word in the OED:
----
bugger
noun

1 [with adj. ] a contemptible or pitied person, typically a man.
- a person with a particular negative quality or characteristic.
- used as a term of affection or respect, typically grudgingly : all
right, let the little buggers come in.

2 derogatory a person who commits buggery.
verb [ trans. ]
penetrate the anus of (someone) during sexual intercourse; sodomize.

exclamation
used to express annoyance or anger.

PHRASAL VERBS
bugger off [usu. in imperative ] go away.

ORIGIN Middle English (originally denoting a heretic, specifically an
Albigensian): from Middle Dutch, from Old French bougre, originally
in the sense ‘heretic,’ from medieval Latin Bulgarus ‘Bulgarian,’
particularly one belonging to the Orthodox Church and therefore
regarded as a heretic by the Roman Church. The sense [sodomite] (16th
cent.) arose from an association of heresy with forbidden sexual
practices; its use as a general insult dates from the early 18th
cent. Compare with Bulgar.
---

Godfrey