From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Peter Jordan
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 12:25 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Pentax medium formats

There is an inevitable trade off between image size, camera size and
convenience.

Each of us will have a point at which they feel comfortable in this
continuum. For some who value image quality above all, they're willing
carry a 10x8 field camera around with them, for others it's a Minox 35mm
or
tiny digicam.

Personally I find the image quality of 645 slides more than adequate.
6x7
would be better, but I can carry my 645 camera, a set of 5 lenses (45,
55,
75, 150, 200), 2x converter and a 35mm body with zoom comfortably in a
backpack. If I tried to do that with a 6x7 I'd need the services of a
chiropractor.

6x7 images would be "better", but you need to ask yourself if you're
willing
to track around the countryside carrying the extra weight.

With the onset of digital, both systems offer some great bargains. My
645
system probably cost me less than an upscale C***n digital SLR.

Peter