On Oct 5, 2006, at 6:55 PM, J and K Messervy wrote:

> I'm watching an auction for a Pentax 67 MLU with metered prism.  No
> lens and
> it has a grid focussing screen.  It is local so I can pick it up.
> It is
> currently at AUD 142.50 with 30 minutes to go.  That is really
> cheap.  I'm
> torn though...do i bid or do I wait and go with a 645?  They both
> have their
> pros and cons but I'm leaning towards the 645 for real world
> convenience of
> use and the wider lens options.

I'm completely out of touch with the secondhand market these days,
but I still think that with a metered prism that just can't be a bad
price, especially if it all works OK.

In 2002 I paid more than that for just a metered prism, and that
wasn't working (but it was still cheaper than a non-metered prism
which is what I was looking for).  The repair didn't cost much at all
so I ended up with a very good deal in the end.

My 67 came with a grid screen as well, and that's something I really
like.

- Dave