Boris,
These states were added during my lifetime to the USA.
They were territories and lobbied to become states with full voting rights.
Hawaii is a long way from the mainland USA and occupied by Japanese tourists.
Alaska is still a frontier town with the population in wet coastal areas.
(It's part of our plan to annex the west coast of Canada and then Ontario,
leave the Frenchies to stew in their own juices.)
Regards,  Bob S.