Ha Ha that's partially what brought me back. I just shot about 200
shots of my daughter's precision skating team this morning with my K200
f2.5 and the istD.... I loved it. Using, I don't know a 30-year-old
lens, with a digital camera just brings a certain satisfaction that my
Canon friends can't experience.... and the results were just lovely.  I
have a large assortment of K and M lenses that I use with the istD. The
fact that I can use them with the istD has kept me from going bankrupt
trying to replace them. Of particular note is the K200 f2.5, 85f2,
100f2.8, 35f2, 105,f2.5 Kiron macro ....
if the doubters only gave it a try they would never look back...
Vic