did a bad thing --
I calibrated my monitor using the custom settings and saved it as Adobe
1998 :(
Now I'm getting confused --

For the stock stuff and stuff I want to print, I want the 1998 RGB adobe
settings
which I have in my camera.

Im comfused about what is regulating the screen as opposed to what is
regulating what i

get when I print.

I stumbled around getting the screen to look right to me, comparing it to
the screen
on my old computer that is sitting next to this one.

another thing - if anyone is using  the Microsoft Works word processor (it
came installed
and Word would have cost me) I can't find where to set the default font and
size, nor can
I get the stuff I'm typing to fill up the entire screen, as in WORD.

also, if anyone has a corner of a server I could use to store the images I
put up
on ebay - at elast for a while - I'd appreciate it.  Using the ebay picture
thing the
pics are much smaller than mine but I'd like not to have to use rcn anymore
for that
stuff.

right now I'm hooked up on earthlink just as a connector - will be on RR on
Friday.

I do like the speed of the cable connection and it was certainly 10 times
as fast getting stuff on ebay.

I've hardly read anything on this list or my other ones during this time of
turmoil
but I havent' unsubbed -
I'll be back eventually :)

ann