frank theriault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are those the gates to a concentration camp?  A wartime cemetary?  An
> old battlefield?
>
> I'm just wondering about your reference to war.

No. This is the gate to an ordinary Belgian farm on a foggy winter
morning.

I just hoped it would be an appropriate image to convey my sadness about
the murder of Anna Politovskaja, the woman who stood up against censure
and intimidation to report the truth about Boris Yeltsin's terrible war
in Chechnia.

And while her case has achieved international attention and press
coverage, 55 other journalists have been murdered around the world, this
year alone and in most cases widely unnoticed.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  DL9KCG  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de