Rick -

I don't know what settings you're using, but I can tell you the settings
that get me good results with PE4 and an R800.

When you go to the print window in PE4, check the box in the lower left
corner that says "Show More Options", open the drop down box for
"Printer Profile" and select the one that matches the paper you're
using.  I have limited myself to Epson papers, so I use their canned
profiles for matte, glossy, etc.  In the drop down box below that select
"Relative Colorimetric"

Navigate to your printer Properties and look for a box where you can
choose whether or not you want to use Image Color Management (will
probably be labeled ICM) - choose to not use it.  With the R800 there is
an "Advanced" box in the lower right of the printer properties window on
the "Main" tab - that's where the ICM choice is found for the R800.

One other thing - I keep PE4 Color Settings set to ignore color gamut
tags such as sRGB and AdobeRGB that are embedded in the file.  I know
there are others on this list that would consider this heresy, but
that's what works best *for me*.  I'm happy with the prints I get using
this method and so are my customers.  YMMV

Feel free to contact me off list with any questions.

-P