Marnie -

I have the R800 and am very happy w/it.  I seldom have the need to print
anything larger than 8x10, so it fits my needs well  I haven't branched
out into papers other than the Epson series so I can't report how it
works w/other vendors papers.  Epson just updated the paper profiles for
the R800 so be sure to download the latest from their web site if you go
w/the R800.  BTW, both the R800 and R1800 use the same inkset.  I've
never had a problem w/clogging print heads, just be sure you turn it off
using its own switch when you're not using it.

Best Buy's walk-in prices are about a buck cheaper than anywhere else if
they have them in stock.  They may be available cheaper on the 'net.  If
you give OfficeMax an empty cartridge when you make a $3.00 or greater
purchase they'll either give you a free ream of paper or knock $3.00 of
the price of your purchase.

-P