Good point... and none of that was the consumer's fault.

Tom C.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Digital Image Studio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: The Economics of Lenses (was Re: Stakeout)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:31:24 +1000

On 12/10/06, Shel Belinkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > You've made an interesting point, perhaps without even realizing it.
It's
 > quite possible that JCO and others have never bought any new Pentax gear.
 > It's also quite possible that many of the others who are protesting and
 > making noise many not have bought any new Pentax gear, or perhaps just a
 > few items.  A lot of us, in order to be able to support our habit and our
 > hobby, have purchased much of our gear on the used market.

And at least one of us purchased the most new lenses they had in one
swoop when the original FF digital body with aperture support was
announced only to be sorely disappointed that it was pulled then again
some considerable time later when it was revealed that it was replaced
with a cropped body which didn't recognize the aperture ring position.
Yay Pentax.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA