On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 21:51:59 +0200, Christian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> It's interesting isn't it...  I make a statement with no source to back
> it up and you dismiss it (really it is a speculation on my part and i
> fully admit that; it's a guess and I'm confident of it).  And then YOU

You did not present it as speculation. You presented it as fact, to end a
dicussion (which in itself would have been a good thing :o). That's why I
asked.

> go on to speculate about business relationships and possibilities of how
> Samsung and Pentax can work out separate design and manufacturing and
> provide no source or facts but you expect ME to accept it.  OK.

For the source on the fact that the Samsung-Pentax relationship initially
was (mainly) about development see the original press release at
www.pentax.co.jp. The remark of Pentax on manufacturing was in one of
Torigoe's interviews, if I recall correctly. I can to look that up if you
wish.

The speculation on Samsungs lens manufacturing options were to show you
that Samsung has several obvious options besides simple rebranding of
existing K-mount designs. I did not say anywhere that any of these are
actually happening, so I don't see what I have to prove here. I would
welcome opinions on probability or desireability, though.

--
Regards, Lucas