You're right. I've spent the last quarter century writing
advertising, and I can second Mark's point. Almost all manufacturers
of mass-market products aim for a younger audience. It's the best
strategy for future success. Most of the older, deeply committed
customers will hang with their brand anyway. So the new prospects are
key. I'm currently working on advertising for the 2008 Mercury
Mariner. Although Mercury's average owner age is well into the
fifties, early thirties urbanites are the Mariner target.
Paul