On Oct 14, 2006, at 9:02 AM, Bob W wrote:

>> I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. Today's photo expedition was
>
>> a nice long trundle through Richmond Park ... exhausting but worth
> it!
>
> It's the rutting season, isn't it? - hope you got some worthwhile
> shots.

Yes it is! Got a good look at one stag and his herd, he did quite a
nice job of bellowing and posing for us, but even though we were
close the 77mm (my longest lens) isn't really long enough to obtain
him as more than just a small figure on the frame.

My buddy had his Canon DSLR with the 75-300 image stabilized lens. He
got a few nice shots of the stag running FL around the 150-200mm
mark. Now I'm wanting one of the DA*60-250 lenses...

;-)

Godfrey