You can't be serious saying the removal of the aperture simulator is
worse than the complete abandonment of a mount.

K/M lenses will still mount to a new Pentax body and you can still
take photographs with them.

And before you go off and scream at me that Canon improved their
mount, I wonder how many FD users at the time felt it was an
improvement. They, like you, many not have been interested in the new
auto focus technology. All of a sudden Canon's producing new bodies
that their legacy lenses won't mount on.

Dave