Digital Image Studio wrote:
> On 14/10/06, Adam Maas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I doubt that. You're in one of the smallest markets there is.
>>
>> Even Canada is a much larger market than .au, and Pentax is doing VERY
>> well here. Much better than Oly or Sony from what I'm hearing from
>> camera salesguys.
>
> Ah no, I'm looking at if from the perspectives of Japanese analysts
> actually. I wasn't speaking of my knowledge of the local market. Here
> Pentax sells well but still probably far less than 10:1 vs Nikon and
> Canon combined

Well, that's a given, since Pentax produces less than 10% the amount of
SLR's as Nikon or Canon per month. K100D is around 13,000 units a month,
the Canon and Nikon low-end bodies are around 100k units a month. Pentax
is a niche brand, we all know that. But they've got a heck of a lot more
interest and sales today than they did two years ago.

-Adam